adc value -> 7 segment

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by raffter, Oct 12, 2008.

1. raffter

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 28, 2008
    hello all

im doing some C coding, and has been VERY spoiled with using 2x16/4x20 & nokia 3310 LCD printf(with numbers).. :D

lately, I want to try out "getting" the value of read_adc() INTO 4 bit hardware will use 7447 + 4digit multiplexed CA 7seg... max output of ADC=1024(with 5V input)...RB0:RB3=7447, RB4:RB7=switching PER 7-seg...

how do I do it?? :confused:

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Your value from the conversion will be in the range of 0 - 3FFh. You have to convert to BDC before you can put it out to the displays.

So far, all we know is that you're using a 7447. What other hardware have you got. What does your interface look like?
  3. raffter

Thread Starter Active Member

Feb 28, 2008
    oh sorry for the VERY late reply...

im basically making -something- :D but I preffer doing it in "block sections" so to have less debugging when it finally works...

I have a PIC(F818) and due to lack of memory/flash, I opted to use BCD->7seg chip decoder(7447) .... using 10bit ADC so I get 1023 @ 5V input... (and its finally working now :))

input of ADC comes from an analog front end (adjustable gain) output may range from a few mV to a max(maybe of 4V or less)..still working on this part

so *final*value of adc could be modified to output desired "reading"..through software and/or adjusting gain of front end(op-amps)

in short: analog front-end-->>adc input-->>CA 7-seg x4 :rolleyes: