ADC error

Hochberger

Joined Mar 15, 2011
Hi all.
I have a problem with my ADC converter. I think that it may be burned (my silly mistake) but not really sure. I´m passing data to ADC according to datasheet. SCK, CS and DIn ... I checked it hundred times, everything fine. But DOut is providing only noise but sometimes it provides me the right data. And I don´t know if the chip is really burnt ...

So my question: Is it possible that the chip is partially burned and providing right data only sometimes?

Thanks

Hochberger

Joined Mar 15, 2011
So, I´m using MCP3208 ADC. I made a circuit involving 4 PIR photodiodes with 5V bias. I´m reading diodes generated voltage in single-ended mode. There is not a problem in my scheme or code. It worked fine but I possibly burned the ADC ... I´m not asking whether my scheme is right ... I just know it is ...

I have the only question: Is it possible that ADC is only partially burned??? It provides mainly the noise but sometimes it provides output data but just for a few seconds ... than again noise.

I know that there could be just a bad contact somewhere but it means to unsolder whole ADC
and test it on my second microprocessor. For me it is whole day work and I don´t have this time.

So thanks again for each reply!!!