ADC and Comparator input

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
No.

You can connect the 1 analog signal to both the comparator and ADC, but they will be on two different pins.

You can connect those two pins together.
:)

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I've done it. Worked just fine.

I forget which exact PIC it was (I can dig it up later if you need it) but both an A2D channel and a comparator shared the same pin.

Neither knew the other was also looking at the same signal, and they worked together. I believe it was a (slow) current reporting mechanizm along with a (fast) trip circuit.

olvine

Joined Mar 10, 2014

I forget which exact PIC it was (I can dig it up later if you need it) but both an A2D channel and a comparator shared the same pin.

Neither knew the other was also looking at the same signal, and they worked together. I believe it was a (slow) current reporting mechanizm along with a (fast) trip circuit.
Thank you ErnieM. Don't dig it up :)

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008

I stand corrected.

Thank you for that information. :)