AD549 current noise measure setup

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by levnu, Apr 4, 2011.

1. levnu

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Hi to all,

i would like to measure the current noise of AD549 op amp
    could someone help me to built the setup for this?
    and who of analog devices thecnical suppport i can ask for this question?

i need to confirm for some project that that i can measure the noise and to comply with the datasheet of it

Best regards,
    Arye

2. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Making accurate voltage and current noise measurements on op amps in the nano volt and femto amp range can be challenging. To measure an accurate internal noise of an Op Amp, for a data sheet spec or controlling the specs. Two types of external noise sources (Environmental and Johnson) must be removed from the measurement. Environmental noise is any unwanted signals arriving as either voltage or current, at any of the amplifiers terminals or surrounding circuitry. It can appear as spikes, steps, sign waves or random noise. This noise can come from anywhere: nearby machinery, power lines, RF transmitters, lab power supplies or lab computers. The Environmental noise is minimized by isolating the DUT in a Faraday cage and powering the device under test with batteries.
    Do you have noise problems and suspect internal op amp noise as the source. My experience say this is not very likely. And before you try to measure this kind of noise. You must have a lab equipped for such kind of measurements. Else your measuremnts will be worthless

3. levnu

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    thank you very much i have all the equipment that needed
    i even attach a PDF file and the schematics of the setup for measrung the input current noise shown there
    it is on page 12 of the PDF

i'm not sure that the setup is right and if i need to change or to add somthing to the setup

thanks a lot
    Arye