Act of Valor Movie Review

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by maxpower097, Mar 30, 2012.

1. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Ok decent action flick that shows lots of special ops tools like lil UAV's, big UAV's, miniguns, tactics, etc... Thin plot line but still lots of action and military stuff so that keeps you entertained. Imagine the action sequences which is 75% of the movie done by the same guys as Platoon, or Apocolypse Now. Now the story and acting are more like something from the Christian Bible Network. So its almost like watching 2 different movies. But if you like things that go bang, know a lot about military stuff and innovations and guns you'll like it.

2. spinnaker

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    I saw it and liked it a lot. Acting is horrible but thankfully not much of it. I really like the scene on the yacht with the senior chief and the terrorist the guy funding the terrorists.

Lots of action in the movie. I am sure it had at least some basis in fact. I am very thankful we have brave men such as this that are willing to put their lives on the line.

I like the references to Chief Tecumseh. I had no idea how wise this man was.

3. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    So you see what I mean by its like 2 movies, 1 being a great action flick, the other being ripped straight off the christian channel. After more thought I didn't like the fact how they form the seal team to go do the mission, then they all break into groups of 2 to do missions around the world? That was kinda not realistic.