accuracy

nok

Joined Jul 28, 2010
Hi friends, I search after examples or videos or names of robots or machines that work in a very accurate scale something like one millimeter of accuracy or better accuracy, so if you know about a robot or machine that work very accuracy so I will glad if you can write this in this thread.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
To do what, exactly? A millimeter is huge in some industries (like hard drives), in others it is impossibly small. Coal mining or laying pavement, for instance. Your request is meaningless without context.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Pretty much any CNC machine will do what you want. The key is in the accuracy of the servo loop and that depends upon very accurate position feedback. There are various types of feedback. Some digital, some analog.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I built a servo that can position an actuator to within a few angstroms. Trick wasn't positioning it, trick was to know where it was...

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
One example of precise positioning was demonstrated at the GM motor assembly plant, a robot would pick up valves and insert them in the valve guides in a cylinder head.
Any one who has done this manually knows how accurate and precise this has to be done.
Max.