Accelerometer Circuit

obj-c

Joined Mar 26, 2011
Can anyone link to project plans or schematics for an accelerometer circuit that would allow me to take the raw data from it and code programs with it in java?

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Oh sorry, I'm new to circuit designing and wasn't specific enough.

I dont actually wont to build the actual accelerometer, I want to take an accelerometer component that is something like this http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2909788&CAWELAID=124299652
and solder it in a circuit that would allow me to connect to a computer via usb and be able to access the data to use for Java applications
I have played with the device you link to at Radioshack's website. It is effective both as a Dual-axis accelerometer and as a tilt sensor.

It comes ready to use. All you add is power supply voltage and the circuitry needed to convert its output to something you can use. That description also fits the sensor board that kermit2 suggested.

When you say you want to build your own accelerometer, I take that to mean that you want to take an off the shelf accelerometer and build the interface circuit between it and say display the acceleration in each direction.

hgmjr

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You may want to look at Seismac software, which accesses a Mac's built-in accelerometers to give real-time 3-axis stripcharts.