AC vs. DC

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
New topic. Which is better; AC or DC? Please disregard the current electricity transfer medium. All in all, I am curious about the fundamentals of AC vs. DC. Thanks All.

Bychon

Joined Mar 12, 2010
IMHO, AC is better because it has more personality. Dc is dull. No matter how high the voltage is, DC is only DC. It's graph is flat and smooth. AC can go all kinds of speeds and have sharp corners and strange curves. Very sexy!

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
IMHO, AC is better because it has more personality. Dc is dull. No matter how high the voltage is, DC is only DC. It's graph is flat and smooth. AC can go all kinds of speeds and have sharp corners and strange curves. Very sexy!
I don't knooowwww,
that pulsating DC can be quite erotic!

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Yeah, but an AC sinewave is only a fundamental frequency.

A DC level is composed of ALL of the odd harmonics of the fundamental frequency.

Kinda freaky when you think about that... ;)

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
You Guys ROCK! Why don't we understand the frequencies of the planet and their corelation to our current electronic knowledge? Nature is DC Dude:)

ShockBoy

Joined Oct 27, 2009
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!
I don't think I've met ANYONE, cooler than you!!:D

You have no answer to my query; DC is Nature: AC is Nature--Altered. What is your opinion? I believe that we have not yet found the best possible conclusion to our energy issue as of to date.

You can blink all you want. Nobody cares.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
R!f@@,
if you were to put a "HA" in front of your comment, it would explain alot.
Oh god... that one nearly killed me :D.

You know I never thought of which is better. I go for whatever suites my need at the time. Like every one else if it is in a erotic sense then I would go for AC
It gives me a nice shiver and may be an org...... when ever I touch the 220VAC :D
Which I do every once in while

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Oh god... that one nearly killed me :D.
I also understand.
The internet was not available when I was introduced to Ha-shee..... Now Google even has photos of the stuff. I can still smell it in my memories but I haven't been near any for about 40 years. I don't need the "high" anymore.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I also understand.
The internet was not available when I was introduced to Ha-shee..... Now Google even has photos of the stuff. I can still smell it in my memories but I haven't been near any for about 40 years. I don't need the "high" anymore.
You misunderstood me.
I was laughing...
I never used drugs.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Que Pasta?

I never had any benefit from such herbs.

I love sleep. Being hyperactive my whole life has made sleep a fleeting thing until into my thirties.

I remember being high-school aged, and laying in bed for three or four hours before I could fall asleep.

Now, I can fall asleep standing. :D

As for AC vs DC. I have to say I am dating DC now, but I have had many flings with AC throughout my life.

I have been converting my homes basement into a DC-Domicile. Trying to use DC outlets and DC motors for air conditioning blower and compressor. Also using DC for wall warts/cellphone chargers rather than AC converted to DC.

I want to see how far I get on a city solar/wind turbine designed for city use. Having such a small amount of real-estate for panels and turbines, I want to see if I can get a few % points without the conversion back to AC.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You misunderstood me.
I was laughing...
I never used drugs.
But you described a hashish "high" but used 220VAC instead:
"Oh god... that one nearly killed me .

You know I never thought of which is better. I go for whatever suits my need at the time. Like every one else if it is in a erotic sense then I would go for AC
It gives me a nice shiver and may be an org...... when ever I touch the 220VAC
Which I do every once in while"

I have also never used drugs. I simply grew some plants, smoked them and cooked brownies with them. My friends got me some little pellets that were concentrated and also fun.
Like most young people in the '60s.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
hmmm. i was referring to the part that cracked me when told to add "ha" to my
"sheeeeeeesh".

so what's the difference between smoking weeds and drugs

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I have never used drugs so I don't know what they do (I hear that they are addictive). Instead I smoked and ate a certain weed for fun.

Remember discos? They were also fun and many people there were high.