Ac to Dc Converter (High Frequency)

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Yoga Purna Tama, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoga Purna Tama

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    hello guys..

im currently working on my final project. since im very newbie for electronic, i'd like to ask about this problem.

i need to convert an AC voltage (Sine wave) with maximum frequency 360KHz and -15v -- 15v voltage. is there any way to convert this AC voltage into 0-5 V dc output?

thank you for any help...

have a blessed day !

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Are you trying to use the power or simply wanting to measure the amplitude?

If the latter, use a precision rectifier circuit.

3. Reloadron

Jan 15, 2015
    You currently have this thread going. You started with a F/V converter and had several suggestions. What exactly are you trying to do?

You mentioned the minimum frequency is about 30KHz and maximum 360KHz. So it sounds like you want a F to V conversion. I suggested a chip from Analog Devices you never commented on? Do you expect different replies in this thread? You really need to be specific in what your goal is.

MrChips suggestion of using a Precision Rectifier Circuit is an excellent solution based on your initial post in this thread, however, it is not a frequency to voltage solution. Can you define exactly what your goal is? That is the only way you will get good help and suggestions.

Ron

4. Yoga Purna Tama

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 25, 2015
    hello ron

im trying two different ways to measure frequency and the amplitude sincei i found it difficult to convert frequency to voltage. so i try to use digital pin or arduino which is required to step down the ac voltage and rectify it. cmiiw

5. ronv

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    What is the range of amplitudes you need to measure? Is it a sine wave?
    On the F to V converter. How accurate does it need to be? Since it sounds like you are looking with a mico, full scale = 5 volts?

6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.