AC Relays

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by elec_mech, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elec_mech

Thread Starter Senior Member

Nov 12, 2008
    We have a bunch (50 or more?) new AC relays. While money would be nice, these are yours if you can cover shipping from Virginia, U.S.A. I'm just trying to keep them out of the trash.

Specifically, these are:

Potter & Brumfield models T92S7A22-240 and T92S7A22-120

I think we've got like 20-30 of each, give or take. Would prefer to get rid of them all. I'll count them up if there is any interest.

2. kohalaequip

Feb 22, 2013
    Hi
    I am interested in the 50+_ relays.
    I live in Hawaii USPS priority mail flat rate is the best way to send.
    Let me know how much you would want to send them.
    Ken

3. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    I don't know if you want to dump them out in one lot, or spread them a bit.

I'd be interested in the 120V, but only half a dozen or so. Put me last in line in case somebody will use all of them. It would be more of a "add to already silly inventory, just in case" box addition.

USPS Rate Sheet

Flat Rate Envelope (as much as you can stuff in as long as it still seals without extra tape or glue!) $5.05

Sounds like all would fit in a Flat Rate Box, large, for $15.30, and you get the box for free.

4. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    kohalaequip,

I'll count them out on Monday and get back to you then.

thatoneguy,

Once I've gotten a real count, I'll see how many kohalaequip wants and get back to you.

Thank you both!

5. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy day from the start and doesn't look to be slowing down at work anytime soon.

There are 71 x 240V relays and 50 x 120V relays.

kohalaequip,

Are you interested in all of them?

A side note, I'll be posting more items this week. These will include some wire, transformers of various sizes, current transformers, AC plugs and/or jacks, circuit breakers, and similar items. Got a pallet's worth of these items we no longer have a use for. Nearly all of it is new/unused. I mention this now in case you have any interest to save on multiple shipping charges.

6. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    Size of wire (gauge/length/stranded or solid, insulation)? Voltage/Trip on circuit breakers?

This assortment sounds great for somebody starting out with something like an amp, depending on the voltage of transformers.

I'll back out to save you rhe headache of splitting it up if somebody wants it all.

7. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Hi thatoneguy,

I'll have to get back to you. Most of the wire is on relatively small rolls, but one is ~5000 ft from 1977! It is Belden with a neoprene black insulation, single, stranded conductor, if I'm reading the label right it said something like 17 53 34 - I assume it is a 17AWG looking at it, but I'm not sure. I'll post details this week when I've got a little more time to sort.

8. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I'm interested in just about everything you've mentioned thus far. If you have time to give the specifics on the wire, transformers, etc, we can talk price.

9. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Whew, busy this week. Finally got some time to put into this. Instead of attempting to list out every single item, I've opted to take pictures and let you peruse. Here is the first batch of photos. I tried to capture part numbers where possible. If you have a question about something, just let me know.

10. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Second batch of photos. If you have a question about something, just let me know.

11. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Third batch. If you have a question about something, just let me know.

12. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    4th batch. If you have a question about something, just let me know.

13. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Last one, wire. Most of it is 18-20AWG. Some of this is decades old, so no promises on the quality. The big roll is from Belden. It is marked RR62804 and under wire info it says 17 53 34. I assume it is 17AWG as that looks close to 18AWG. Neoprene jacket. At one point it had over 5,000' feet on it. No idea how much is on it now, but it doesn't look far off.

• Wire.jpg
      Wire.jpg
      File size:
      186.2 KB
      Views:
  14. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Damn. I thought this was going to be easy. I didn't realize you had so much. I doubt I could make you a fair offer for the whole lot, and going through and picking one of these, two of those, and a handful of the others is going to be a big pain for you, me, and anybody else involved. So what do you propose? Care to PM me with an idea of how much you are looking to get for all of it?

15. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Ps. I'm not interested in the wire too much.

16. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    Yeah, we have a lot of stuff to get rid of. As I said, we're not too concerned about making any money off of these items, so long as we don't have to pay to get rid of them. Hence, if you pay for shipping, it's yours. If you want to throw some scratch our way, bonus.

I realize it's unlikely one person is interested in 20 identical circuit breakers or 50 relays, so if you want to pick and choose, I'm fine with that. I may need a few days to get everything together, so as long as no one is in a rush, no problem. I've been meaning to post this for months, so if I can eventually get rid of everything by the end of the year, peachy.

My thought is to get an "order", box it, weigh it, then send the requester the dimensions and weight. That person would then buy a shipping label from UPS and send me the label. Again, not that we won't accept some cash, but if someone is only going to pay for shipping - which is fine - I'd rather not have to figure out the cost and deal with processing a payment on top of boxing and weighing everything.

17. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    PS - Stator, if you're interested in the whole lot (minus the wire) I can get you a price to freight it. The transformers are simply too heavy to ship any other way. I can easily get everything onto a pallet as long as there is a place to ship it that can move pallets off of the truck. I wouldn't recommend shipping it to a residential address as I doubt they'd have a way to get it off the truck.

18. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    I think Strantor would be a better home, I can always hit him up then if I need something. :D

19. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I wish this website had a "trader rating." I've paid for and received all the items that elec_mech was selling except for the transformers and the wire. He gave me a fair price, not much more than the cost of shipping, communicated promptly, and packaged the items decent so that USPS wouldn't succeed in their attempts at breaking them.

I vouch for his honesty and generosity for anybody wishing to do business with him in the future.

20. elec_mech

Nov 12, 2008
    So you received everything and nothing damaged? Whew. :D Thank you for the kind words. I do hope you can put those items to good use.

I would also like to vouch for Strantor who paid promptly and was generous in paying me, or rather my company, well beyond shipping costs. Thank you sir. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.