ac power

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by todd1932, Dec 9, 2012.

  1. todd1932

    Thread Starter New Member

    Dec 9, 2012
    I have a motorhome and plugged into my brothers house, his outside plug is old and has only two prong plug, anyway i have powered up my rv but not sure if household stuff can be ised such as electric heaters or microwave ovens everything seems to work but microwave smells funny and just not sure chasis ground earth ground am i doing right to use these items in rv? if someone can help let me know
  2. #12


    Nov 30, 2010
    You are at risk of electric shock from the body of the motorhome to the earth (our planet).
    The only proper way to fix this is to properly wire a 3 hole outlet and possibly add a GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter). Recepticles only cost about 50 cents. It's the house wiring that will be expensive to upgrade.