AC Motor detection with DC relay

Lonewolf9630

Joined Jun 10, 2013
I have been tasked with researching and building a circuit that will detect one delta on an ac motor that will range from one volt AC to 28 volts AC. The goal is to detect the moment the motor starts to run 1 VAC and flip a 24/36 VDC relay to control a Hydraulic Valve.

The system is a hybrid AC / DC system that uses industrial grade battery packs as a back up with DC to AC amplifiers to drive some of the high output motors.

does anyone know of a simple single device to achieve this or am I stuck designing some sort of OP Amp relay driver?

STUCK...

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
does anyone know of a simple single device to achieve this or am I stuck designing some sort of OP Amp relay driver?
I don't know of any devices that meet your needs, but what's wrong with the op amp relay driver idea? That's probably what I would do if there really was no other provision in the system. BTW what is this thing? Is there a VFD involved? How is the voltage varied from 1V to 28V?

Lonewolf9630

Joined Jun 10, 2013
It is an experimental drive system. The closest thing I can compare it to would be a modern day fork lift system with Huge DC to AC amplifiers. Thanks.. I am working on the lo voltage driver now.......