Ac Motor control

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by ha|), Feb 22, 2013.

1. ha|)

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Hi, I need an ac motor to put it to work on a clay mixer. Rotational speed of the blender must be adjustable between 1 and 24 rpm. Using a gearbox I can reduce 1420 rpm of a single phase 1.5 hp motor to 24 rpm but to reduce it up to 1 rpm I have to reduce motor speed without decrease of output power and torque of the gearbox. I have seen a video of a mixer in witch the operator just turns a switch to the right and left and easily that changes rotational speed of motor. any idea how can I do that? I want to use a cheep,user friendly and simple system. There is a circuit on this web page what do you think of this circuit? http://www.electronica.mk/all_articl...8B/U2008B.html thanks

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

The given link does not work.
    Please repost the link.

Bertus

PS I have removed your other threads with the same content.
    We do not allow multiple posting for the same subject over here.

3. Dodgydave

Distinguished Member

Jun 22, 2012
  4. ha|)

Feb 22, 2013
  5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  6. ha|)

Feb 22, 2013
    Hi Bertus;
    I am considering a single phase motor either permanent split capacitor, capacitor start or capacitor run. My last choice would be a universal motor.
    ps, 220v, 50 amp, 50hz is the power supply for motor.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  7. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    If you want to go to that low a speed you may need a specialized motor and variable drive such as from here.

8. ha|)

Feb 22, 2013
    Hi;
    I want to keep it simple and cheep as far as I can run a clay mixer. 1 hp motors are used in commercially available mixers and since I don't have access to I have to build one myself. I want it to be easy to work with and user friendly.
    thanks.

9. Jaguarjoe

Apr 7, 2010
    Dealing with untested power electronics can be costly, time consuming and dangerous.Some failures are pretty spectacular especially when the circuit blows up to protect its fuse.

There are variable frequency speed controls available for less than $200. Most have methods for tailoring the V/F curve to help at very low speed.

You can skip all of that and buy one of these:

http://www.zero-max.com/unidirectional-drives.html