Ac Assignment

conehed

Joined Jan 9, 2008
Next one:

I am to prepare a 15 minute presentation on the following bridge network:

The Anderson Bridge

I am to include a diagram of the bridge; A description of the use of the bridge; and the derivation of the characteristic formula from the root formula of the four-arm bridge.

I will try to upload the information i already have (minimal i may add) on this subject. Trying to find this on the internet has been a downward struggle to the fact that i cant even find who invented the thing!!!! I know it was a bloke called Anderson!!!! lol... but there seems to be nothing out there! Can any one of the Guru's in this website enhance light on this phenomenon?

Thankyou

(keep getting invalid file on upload-sorry)

conehed

Joined Jan 9, 2008
thanks for the advice dude- but unfortunatly the loop is a derivative from the original bridge- the anderson in question is from the same family heritage- (hence the name) but the bridge was designed before that- when... i din't know!!! all i do know is that the bridge is used for measuring inductance and is the most accurate one on the market.... Hence the relation introducing the 'loop' theory into NASA- but in principle it can be related to maxwell- only ain a more complicated fashion.

if i was to spout out the formula: R1=(R2R3/R4)-r1 for the impedance over the inductance and fo Lx: Lx =C(R3/R4)(r(R3+R4)+R2R4) would that ring any bells?

Also, should you use a really long and complicated formula, you would have to turn a delta leg (DEF) into a Star leg where the leg ZEO would not affect the impedance as it is in series with the dtector.

A picture paints a thousand words but i cant seem to upload any word docs onto this site unfortunately- so if anyone has the foggiest what i am talking about.......'cos i blatently don't! lol

anyway, thanks for the effort mate

The Electrician

Joined Oct 9, 2007
I found a reference:

"Measurement of Inductance by Anderson's Method", F. W. Grover and E. B. Rosa, Bulletin of the Bureau of Standards, Volume 1, pp. 291, 1904.

Not many libraries smaller than a university library will have this, but perhaps you can get it brought to your library via interlibrary loan.