About Wheatstone bridge

one3seven5

Joined Feb 2, 2009
hye all..

1. Does the voltage supplied affect the bridge precision. and could you explain it to me.
  2. during measuring the resistance ,would the value change if we touch the resistor. And please explain it to me too.
  3. Why dont i get the absolute zero reading when i do use the Wheatstone bridge??
Tq very much..

Last edited:

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Welcome to our Forum!:) Since these are clearly homework questions, I'm going to answer them with questions.:cool: May your learning experience be a fruitful one!
1. Does the voltage supplied affect the bridge precision. and could you explain it to me.
If the supplied voltage is increased, what happens to the current through the resistors? What happens to the error voltage? What happens to resistor current if the supplied voltage is decreased?

2. during measuring the resistance ,would the value change if we touch the resistor. And please explain it to me too.
What could happen to the resistance or impedance of the resistor if you touch it? What happens to the error voltage when you change one of the resistance values?

Why dont i get the absolute zero reading when i do use the Wheatstone bridge??
What is the error tolerance of your resistances? What is the error tolerance of your voltmeter? Can you have a zero percent error on either of these?