About signals and systems

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by bhuvanesh, Aug 29, 2013.

1. bhuvanesh

Thread Starter Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Where and How it is being practically used . State with example . What is it importance Please xplain me basically.

what is real exponential continous signals .

what is real exponential discrete signals .

what is complex exponential continous signals .

what is real exponential discrete signals .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

I have merged the posts, as they are related to each other.

Bertus

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    I don't understand the nature of you question. In general the types of signals that are used for various purposes arise from physical systems that have certain properties.

For example:
    1. Rotating electrical machinery uses waveforms described by sine and cosine functions.
    2. Spring, mass, damper, and RLC circuits feature decaying exponential envelopes on sine waves.

Is that the kind of stuff you are looking for?

4. bhuvanesh

Thread Starter Member

Aug 10, 2013

This is exactly what i am looking for . Like what you said in above . I need where are these signal uses in real world application sir.

5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Why do you need it? It would help us give you a better answer if you describe the context in which the question was asked. For instance, which course is this for?

6. bhuvanesh

Thread Starter Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Now i am studing B.e in electronic and communication . now i have my core subject called signals and systems . i am solving many equation and function without having knowledge of where to implement

for example..question is 1)derive the power signal for exp(pi n\4+ pi n\2)

then on solving this we get something..but i dont know what is power signal where it is used..what is the use of deriving the above one

7. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Not every problem that you solve will have applications. At this point you focus on the the principles involved. For example if you try to compute the average value of a sine wave over an integral number of cycles you get...ZERO. So if the average voltage is ZERO and the average current is ZERO, does that mean that no power is dissipated in the load? Noooooo!

What to do. Well it turns out there is another computation called the Root Mean Square. How does it work? Well you square the waveform, compute the mean (average), and then take the square root. Now RMS voltage times RMS current gives you (ta-dah) average power.

Now you can see that knowing how to compute average power in a periodic waveform is a useful thing to know.