About Magnet power supply

almu_2012

Joined Jan 9, 2012
Hiiiiiii to all

I am having one doubt

I am having one magnet 24Vdc/8A

I was using ful wave rectifier to give 24Vdc input to magnet
magnet was working well and good

For trail purpose i have shifted full wave to half wave rectifier now i feel magnet power has reduced

Can any one can help me in this
It is possible to get change magnet power by using half wave rectifier

I am sorry for my bad English

Regards

almu

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
If you have a 2 cylinder motor cycle engine and turn off one cylinder, what happens? By using 1/2 wave rectifier instead of full wave rectifier, you have done the same thing. No apology needed for your English. Since you don't post where you are in the world, I'm sure I probably don't speak one word in your language.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
...For [trial] purpose i have shifted full wave to half wave rectifier now i feel magnet power has reduced...
Exactly as theory would predict. Magnetic field is directly proportional to current. Half wave is just that - half the wave and thus half the average current.

almu_2012

Joined Jan 9, 2012
Dear BillB3857

I told sorry for the thing is that if i try to say something you may not understand due to bad english so i told sorry

Thanks for your valuable reply i am new to electrical & electronics you all are senior to me so if you all help me i will learn some more things it will helpful to my carrier & my feature well and good

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
almu-2012,
Welcome to the forum! (I forgot to say that in my first reply. Sorry)
You will find that this forum has members from many points in the world and there can be much help for all members.
Near the top of this page, you will see a tab "User CP" If you go there, you can fill out a User Profile and let us know where you are.

On many topics, there may be different ways to accomplish the same task since those providing possible answers come from different experiences and different parts of the world. I try to look here every day and usually learn something every day.