About drawing schematics in express pcb software

Vimalab

Joined Jan 2, 2015
Good morning all

Am new to draw a schematics on express pcb software.
After drawing my schematics on express pcb software can i convert schematics into pdf format? If yes means,
can any one please tell me how to convert schmatics into pdf format?

Thank you

Regards
Vimala

BReeves

Joined Nov 24, 2012
From a previous life I have a really old version of Adobe PDF writer that installs as a print driver. All you need to do is select the PDF writer for the printer when you print anything and it will save it to a PDF file.

A quick Google search found this....

http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Looks like you may need to jump through a few hoops (says it also needs Ghostscript) but it's free and looks like it will work the same as my old PDF printer driver.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
There are many free online PDF conversion services available. Then you wouldn't need to install a print driver. Google "online PDF converter".

BTW IMHO, if you want a print driver I tried CutePDF at work. We ended up using PrimoPDF Free. So there's another alternative.

Apparently, Windows 7 comes with a PDF print driver.

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Get free IrfanView (great graphics program). Install the PDF converter addon. Now you can convert a .gif or .png, or any other graphics image to .pdf. I use it all the time to convert screen snapshots to something I can post here.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Use CUTEPDF, it takes five minutes to install and works very well. Just download the software, hit print and then send it to cutepdf. It comes back to you in seconds as a pdf file. Used it for years, works very well.

BReeves

Joined Nov 24, 2012
With a local print driver that saves PDF's.

You don't have to be on-line to create a PDF document.
You can convert anything you can print to PDF from any software regardless of the file format.
The resulting document is very high quality and doesn't loose details.

Makes no sense to me to even mess with any other conversion option.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I second PDF995. It comes freely as fully functional nagware. The large international corporation I work for uses (with a paranoid IT department) this on our secure computers.