About Dc power supply

sony85

Joined Aug 26, 2012
Hello !
I would like to ask you. How can I charge smart phone with Dc power Supply directly.
I setup dc power supply 3.7v and place red/black alligators + - direct to main board , but it wont turn on.

Thanks

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
The phone wont turn on without the battery being charged up to a minimum level first, neither will it come on with the battery removed. So your charger needs to give out 5v minimum.

Last edited:

sony85

Joined Aug 26, 2012
The phone wont turn on without the battery being charged up to a minimum level first, neither will it come on without the battery removed. So your charger needs to give out 5v minimum.
I got it , but I want to turn it on without battery is it possible..
using those connectors gsm_03284img328475-kaisi-test-kabel-za-iphone.jpg

Joined Nov 30, 2010
My Blackberry used to. Maybe the one exception to the rule.
Are we talking about solar panels? I have some TI-30 SLR calculators that have a solar panel in them. No batteries for 30 years!:eek:
Or are we talking about using some external source?
By the time we get done with this, I might find out I'm wrong.:oops:
How does a Blackberry run with no battery?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
As long as it was plugged into its adapter (USB to mini, like the old camera cable), it would run fine while you popped the battery out. It was the way to swap batteries without rebooting. I believe every phone I've ever had with a removable battery (ie. everything that wasn't an iPhone) would run off it's adapter with the battery removed. Same deal with laptops.

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Not wrong, just ignorant! :p
Do you mean Unknowlegeable,Unlearned, lacking practical evidence, surely not arrogance! :D

My old Nokia lumia wouldn't power up without the battery fitted even with the charger in, needless to say its now been replaced with an android phone....

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yes, Dave. Ignorant and arrogant have very different meanings.
"Arrogant" would be me insisting I'm right after I know I'm wrong.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
FWIW - My Samsung (old flip phone) will not run without the battery. If you remove the battery while it's on (with a charger) it will promptly say "No Battery" and shut down. If you try to turn it on without a battery it will start the boot process and, within about three seconds, shut itself off with no fanfare whatsoever.