About clap activated switch.

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Hello there everybody!!

I was just thinking of making such a circuit(using NE555 and Transistors) that will turn on when I will clap once and turn off when I will clap Once again. Is that possible to do with only 555 timers and transistors?? I googled it and found one I liked. But will it work?? My parents might like it when I will use a relay to operate our CFLs with this circuit(as you know that my parents dont like me doing such things- and I am dependent on them - a grade 7 Guy:(:()!!

Attachments

dawg

Joined Nov 15, 2009
Hey mate
Building is great fun, but I'm a bit lazy I simply bought one online

And if your project doesn't work you can come back to the forum for help

There are ready made units at some Canadian tronics store, Instructables, and fleabay

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for answering!!

I prefer to make one rather than buy one asit is fun to make and use sth made by me:)

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
there are errors with the last circuit posted-no reset for the 4017 at all -the circuit needs a few changes -also the 470k resistor on the clk ip to ground-remove it .....

Attachments

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for answering!!
But cant it be done with only transistors and 555 timer? I dont have 4017s:):)

MMH

Joined Feb 8, 2013
I at first thought that the speaker cannot generate enough electricity. I therefore connected it to a DC motor-it did not work-(When I touched its axle, the LED started lighting but then no matter what I did, It did not turnoff the LED), however when i connected it to a battery(1.5v one) it worked perfectly

Can you give me some advice about how to make it work-meaning that it will Turn off when clapped once and on when clapped again.