About ampilifing the current

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Transistor, May 17, 2007.

1. Transistor

Thread Starter New Member

May 17, 2007
    :confused: Hi guys,:)

I'm working in project called "Smart nursing", in this project we use microcontroller to control drawers to open in a certain times to remind the concerned people about the time of the medicine and the type.

The microcontroller is sending signal to the drawers at a certain time to open and then another signal for the closing, but unfortunately the output signal which is from the microcontroller is V=5V and I=20 micro A. But the drawers need I = 200mA actually I tried many circuits to solve this problem like Darlington but I can't get the required current. Can any one help me please?.

How can I amplify current from 20micro A up to 200mA?:)

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Use the 5 volt signal from the microprocessor to switch a logic-level FET. Select one that will handle 500 ma @ the desired voltage.

Probably be better advice if we had a circuit to look at.

3. mozikluv

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 22, 2004
    can you post the circuit you have made? maybe you have configured it in the wrong way. show us the schem and we can make appropiate suggestions.:)

moz

4. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Without a schematic of your circuit, our hands are tied.

hgmjr

5. Communications Student

May 3, 2007
    I have asuggestion but i'm not sure, why don't he make a power amlifier circuit (class B) to amplify the current??

6. cumesoftware

Apr 27, 2007
    You could use a op-amp wired as a voltage follower. You just have to connect the op-amp output to its "-" input, so negative feedback could be performed. For that you have to use an op-amp capable of delivering 200mA (I had in mind the LM324 but that won't do).
    You could search in: http://www.national.com/products/tree/table.do?treeId=14.

But do you really need a current amplifier? Or you just want to process digital signals?