Abnormal Contactor Wiring.

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
HomeBody,

Here's a simple reversing circuit for singal phase voltage. I've added simple safety components, overloads, limit switches and such, just a suggestion.

The attached is a "Ladder" diagram and not a wiring diagram. The ladder diagram shows current paths where as the wiring diagram shows how the wiring is actually laid out. Do not confuse the two. In all probability it looks more complicated that it actually is. If needed I can write up a step through of the diagram for you.

Hope this helps,

williamj

Attachments

Homebody

Joined May 29, 2011
Thanks so much!
I had to put life on hold. I am so thankful for your responses. I have not read them all, but I will as soon as I possibly can. I hope that my absence has not seemed ungreatfull.

Homebody

Joined May 29, 2011
I was able to read through all of the responsed and I am feeling better about the whole situaltion. I did check tonight about the e stop button and I found that the only way to make the contactor open up is to push the stop button. As soon as I let off of it the contactor closes. Im going with,,, that this is ok. Everything works fine so whats the worry.

williamj

Joined Sep 3, 2009
Homebody,

That's the whole purpose of the E Stop. On all industrial and most commercial equipment, where that piece of equipment requires more than one operator, Start, Stop and any other machine controls are located on a control panel with E stops placed strategically at different locations around the machine. So that in case of malfunction or emergency anyone can "Stop" the machine but has to go back to the control panel to re-Start the machine and resume safe operation.

williamj

Pencil

Joined Dec 8, 2009
Test the Emergency stop circuit.

1. Turn on spindle.
2. Turn on any other peripherials coolant pumps etc.
3. Engage feed
4. Push E-Stop (foot switch?)

All movement should cease. Spindle should apply brake and come to
a complete stop. All other functions that are turned on by momentary
push buttons (not toggle switches or maintained switches) should
come to a stop. This should occur as soon as the E-stop is pushed.
Letting off of the E-stop should not restart any machine functions.

The contactor that opens up could be the main power contactor.
By cutting the power to this contactor all other contactors would drop
out immediately.

As soon as I let off of it the contactor closes.
I assume this means that no intervention is required to "reset"
the switch. You may want to check to make sure that the switch
you are activating isn't supposed to lock mechanically as opposed
to just returning back closed by itself.