AAC Snow animation causing high CPU usage

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
The snow animation is cute, but it's causing my CPU meter to peg.

My graphics card admittedly stinks, but I'm not going to upgrade it so I can watch snow fall on the AAC forums.

PLEASE either turn the animations off, or provide a means for normal users to turn them off.

Otherwise, my efforts to help people here will be severely crippled.

Thanks,
Wook

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
Ahh, fair enough Wook. Sorry about that, I forgot how much of a resource hog javascript can sometimes be.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I just posted a "goodbye" message on general discussion, and noticed the "snow' stopped.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Ahh, fair enough Wook. Sorry about that, I forgot how much of a resource hog javascript can sometimes be.
Is it the same one as last year Rob? I don't recall people having an issue with that one.

I take it there is no option to have it on or off, it seems some liked it, but it shouldn't be forced on users if it causes a slow down.

Dave

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The snow last year where with larger flocks.
I had some trouble last year also.
I have my PC running in powersave mode.
When the snowflakes where on the site you could hear the processor making more effort as the processorfan would turn up and start making some noise.

Greetings,
Bertus

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hello,

The snow last year where with larger flocks.
I had some trouble last year also.
I have my PC running in powersave mode.
When the snowflakes where on the site you could hear the processor making more effort as the processorfan would turn up and start making some noise.

Greetings,
Bertus
Perhaps there were issues last year, just that members chose not to raise it.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I have a 2.5Gig Athlon, 1 Gig RAM, and a Radeon 8500 AIW video card. I didn't notice any slow down with it. I like playing the occasional video game, so I tend to use older high end video cards.