AAC Graphical Banners For Linking

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
Would be nice to have a small icon/banner to throw on personal pages linking to the website. Maybe some messenger icons, too. Just remind people not to hotlink :p

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Thanks for the suggestion m4yh3m, its a good idea, however the admin have very little skills in graphic design - even the banner was donated!

Might be an idea to suggest this to Rob and see if he has any designs in the archives. If someone feels inclined to knock something together we would be pleased to host it.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I might try something, could you show me an example of someone else's banner, so I know where you're coming from?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I might try something, could you show me an example of someone else's banner, so I know where you're coming from?
Sounds good Bill. The AAC banner at the top was designed by Firestorm who created a series of options (see here) - his designs were very good and might be worth considering as one option. Although at a tangent, these are examples of banners for some software - as you can see there are various options available for design size, structure etc. We would only need the image (GIF, PNG etc) - the underlying code can be looked at later.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
No doubt about it, this guy is good. Better than me by far, like I've said, I'm a good technical draftsman.

So the only thing I'm seeing is a small icon, something someone can incorporate into their website for a click here experience, correct?

I'll give it a try, if Firestorm ever shows up again (last visit was in Feb) I'm absolutely sure he can do better than I.

BTW, the aviitar I use is something I made, by way of example.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I knew you was a kill joy! :p That's what I was thinking about.

So, know any books you'd like to share the last 3 pages from? :D

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Let's see, Krauss' Principles of Heat Treatment of Stee ends with discussion of carbonitriding and ferritic nitrocarburising. There is some exciting stuff about the excellent wear and antiscuffing properties of the epsilon carbonitride compound layer.

Art Fundamentals: Theory and Practice by Ocvirk et al closes with observations on Surrealism and Surrealistic technique, and the departure from Orthodox Surrealism.

And D. Caroline Coile's Show Me! A Dog Show Primer concludes by admonishing would-be handlers that they will be in the public eye and should set a good example for novices.

I can do some movies too, if you like.:D