AAC eBook still has suprises...

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Wendy, May 7, 2008.

1. Wendy

Thread Starter Moderator

Mar 24, 2008
    I've been scanning and reading the eBook, how can I contribute if I don't know what is in there? Slow going, if this were a published book it would be pretty thick, and growing all the time. The experiments section has a section on using your PC as an Oscope, which I found facinating.

Following the lead I found a download site (it isn't hard to find, so I won't post the link) and grabbed a copy of WinScope, which is freeware. In the process I was suprised to see all the commercial companies making high end scope accessories for PCs. What they call cheap isn't really, but it is about 1/2 to 1/3 the price of an equivalent oscilloscope.

My first thought if I were to use this program on a regular basis is to build an isolation amplifier. Since it is a low end scope a good fast op amp would work, and allow for decent calibration (maybe).

Thinking about it I'm going to attach the actual program on this thread, if I'm out of line let me know and delete it. If it is acceptable I'll add it to my blog. I've thought for a while that with a little work the PC would make a decent function generator too, at least on the low end of the freq spectrum.

I noticed the Class B amp in the discrete components, a class D would be a nice addition I think. Maybe my next short term project, after the other 10 are done...
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Bill, if the license allows for free and restriction-less distribution through other mediums (i.e. as a ZIP download here at AAC), then by all means feel free to blog about it. Otherwise, we must ask that their license terms are met.