AAC Browser Usage Statistics

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tshuck, Jan 8, 2013.

1. tshuck

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    As most of us here have some technological background, I wonder what the browser use statistics would be, if they'd be highly skewed toward a certain browser or evenly distributed...Would the AAC member browser usage statistics vary widely from the free-range internet's?

So, I ask, what is your preferred internet browser?

I use Google Chrome for my web-surfing needs...

To the mods:
    Does this site have such a statistic available? If so, would you be willing to post it?

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Because I use older software, I use Firefox. I am not one of those who feel the need for the latest greatest software, I use my computer. If it does what I want then good enough. I get very tired of M/$ pushing their latest greatest (and expecting me to upgrade both hardware/software) just to use their OS of the year.

I basically gave up on Internet Explorer back on V6 for that reason.

3. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    I 've never heard of browser statistics available for AAC.

I use Firefox.

4. electronis whiz

Jul 29, 2010
    IE9. i tried chrome in like the first year and interface is ok, but 1/2 sites failed to open so gave up on it. ie8 i could have swaped for something, but IE9 has movable tabs (finaly) so i can make new or take windows and manipulate them. since i'm studying network administration and know alot of stuff about MS products i figured keep ie, then i can if i feel like it change stuff from group policy. used firefox a bit, but found to be fairly slow especily on older systems. even tried netscape 9 for a while, but had a few isues. also tried opera, but i told it to leave ie as default, but every link i clicked it cam up. had to reinstall my OS because onother isue and never felt like trying again with opera.

5. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    google chrome. I know, I know, playing into "the man's" hand. sheesh.

6. gerty

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 30, 2007
    I get on here using one of 3 different computers, two of them use IE8 and one has Firefox. To tell you the truth I don't see the difference between them, obviously the newest computer is the fastest. They're talking about replacing my office computer (8 year old Dell Optiplex GX520 w/XP) . It's not giving any problems, so I'll believe it when I see it.

7. electronis whiz

Jul 29, 2010
    just upgraded to IE 10. finally a browser that has a built in spell checker.

8. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    FF had one ages ago...

9. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    And you need it, my friend ;) (jab)

10. droggie

Oct 21, 2012
    Safari.

And what was wrong the previous post's sentence that required a spell checker?

11. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    It's not his previous sentence. He's obviously using the spell checker now. It's all his 260 previous posts.

12. KnRele

Jan 7, 2013
    Firefox or Opera here, depending on which machine I am using at the time.