Aaaaaa!!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Skfir, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Skfir

Thread Starter Active Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Guyz!!

F*** me sideways!! Today is a great day! I have red all the book through and done all the exercises!! It took me 7 months, many hours every single day!

Thank you all so much!

But now a question appears: Since I possess some theoretical knowledge now, I would like to apply it a bit. But I am rather lost - since I don't have much experience all my knowledge is a bit unstable at present. I really would like to build something, but everything I have seen so far is either too difficult, or without any explanations. Could you please tell me, are there any circuit projects which not only include schematis diagramms, but also explain how to build, and explain how does this circuit work? So that I could do my first steps and not just repeat correctly some projuect, but also step by step understand why and how it works?

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    You have several choices. You could go for something practical like a home made power supply (simple), frequency counter (complex) or the entirty of volume 6 (that could take years!).

3. Skfir

Aug 19, 2010
    Something practical would be great!!

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    What kind of stuff do you do at home? I remember seeing you are into music (classical piano as I recall). A metronome is easy (but you can buy them cheap). A note measurement circuit is also fairly easy (ditto on commercial models). You might be interested in a thermin. I've never made one (or even tried), but it was the instrument that made all the spacy sound effects during the 50's bad scifi movie era. You get your hand near it and it changes its frequency.

You could make a simple music box, or maybe a color organ.

This is getting a bit off topic, and I don't really mean to hijack the thread. You could pick this up in the electronics chat forum, or if you want to try something definate, the project form (not the completed projects forum).

5. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  6. magnet18

Dec 22, 2010
  7. Skfir

Aug 19, 2010
    Thanks everyone so much!! I will try to build a clock and a therminvox .

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Pick one, and focus on it. When you finish, then do the other. :D Ever see a mama cat with 12 kittens?

9. Skfir

Aug 19, 2010
    Yeah, I will :)