A year and a day

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Better? I don't think the foot has grown back 100% yet. If only we could get stem cells from newts.
There might be other options. At one point, I was at a Church Retreat which was so inspirational that I loosened the laces on my shoe in case my foot suddenly grew back. :D

But seriously, I have become so accustomed to this that I have occasionally untied the wrong shoe at night because I forgot which foot was gone. :eek:

And there are other benefits, besides 50% less chance of snake bite. I got paid for that water heater job yesterday because I did it for the prosthetist! :p

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
There might be other options. At one point, I was at a Church Retreat which was so inspirational that I loosened the laces on my shoe in case my foot suddenly grew back. :D

But seriously, I have become so accustomed to this that I have occasionally untied the wrong shoe at night because I forgot which foot was gone. :eek:

And there are other benefits, besides 50% less chance of snake bite. I got paid for that water heater job yesterday because I did it for the prosthetist! :p
As we say down here: "No hay mal que por bien no venga" -> "Every cloud has a silver lining"

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
"There is no bad for which good will not come"?
Yup... that's literally what it means... just thought I'd americanize the translation a bit to make myself understood better :D

As we say up here, When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. :)
unless you're dyslexic. Then you just wonder what to do with the melons. :rolleyes:
I prefer the old adage:

"If life turns its back on you, grab its butt" :D

Last edited:
Twenty five.

I prefer not to elaborate on this because it gets tragic really fast. Full time college student, Honor Roll grades while taking Calculus, Chemistry, and Physics at the same time. Was accepted at Cal-Poly Pomona. Leaving my job calibrating automatic lasers after loading a 2 ton truck with 20 foot long, creosoted 12 by 12's (alone). Bicycle, drunk driver, no insurance, sudden changes in priorities.
WOW!:( --- I have to wonder which is more remarkable; your physical recovery or your 'escape' from debilitating bitterness...

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
WOW!:( --- I have to wonder which is more remarkable; your physical recovery or your 'escape' from debilitating bitterness...
I have to go with, "attitude". My physical recovery wasn't all that wonderful, but I've improved enough to be grateful that I don't need a wheelchair. The attitude is: I arrived here (on Earth) naked and ignorant and did the best I could with what I had to work with. Wake up in a hospital? Oops. Life just dealt me a new hand. What do I have to work with?

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Damn you guys are all busted up here and hope you all get better there..The longest I have been out was about a week or so I think cause I can't remember.. Well I was rebuilding a engine for a Chevy Suburban on 37" tires with my cousin and I for my buddy Gober ..We where cleaning out the engine with kerosene and used air to get most of it of the engine ..But some was still left and I asked how to get the rest out while my face was over the engine and cousin pulls out a lighter and lights the engine on fire to burn the left over fuel but my face was still over the engine and my face got burned and I inhaled the flames and got really messed up. I wound up stick my face in a pool to cool my face and then drove 60 miles with my face out the window to help cool my face.. Then I crashed out on my mother couch for about a week or so and apparently I got up several times though out the week to use the bathroom but I don't remember at all ..

I hope you guys will ok here..

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I have to go with, "attitude". My physical recovery wasn't all that wonderful, but I've improved enough to be grateful that I don't need a wheelchair. The attitude is: I arrived here (on Earth) naked and ignorant and did the best I could with what I had to work with. Wake up in a hospital? Oops. Life just dealt me a new hand. What do I have to work with?
What you call attitude, I call choice ... a good choice, to be specific... I've always been a firm believer in the exercise of free will... that is, I don't let everything that happens around me define me... I define myself... glad you've been making progress health-wise, #12, keep up the attitude! :);)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
What does not kill you makes you stronger. :p
Nice sentiment, but my opinion is: "Injuries accumulate".

I'm a harder, meaner person than I was in the beginning.
I have no patience for whiners and I do not suffer fools well.
Would that I were a light footed dancer with no greater worries than being sore tomorrow from having too much fun today.
It isn't so.
Injuries accumulate.

Still, I continue doing the best I can with what I have to work with. It's all I know.

The attitude is: I arrived here (on Earth) naked and ignorant and did the best I could with what I had to work with. Wake up in a hospital? Oops. Life just dealt me a new hand. What do I have to work with?
The serenity conferred by such a perspective must be truly phenomenal! --- I envy your maintenance of such abstraction under unthinkable conditions!

Most sincerely
HP