A word to the wise!

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@strantor
Recent revelations I have read include the theft of millions of personal records, used to make fake tax refunds, and they didn't steal that information from your mail box. They stole it from major corporations that they hacked.

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
@strantor
Recent revelations I have read include the theft of millions of personal records, used to make fake tax refunds, and they didn't steal that information from your mail box. They stole it from major corporations that they hacked.
Yeah, that too. Sorta feels like the deck is stacked against us :(

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
As they explain, it's much easier for someone to walk up to your mailbox and remove a bunch of papers with your sensitive information printed all over them, than it is for someone to hack your email
Much easier? I very much doubt that! --- A box at the PO is probably the best solution...

I now have a security camera aimed at my mailbox.
That works too:D Still... Prevention before 'cure' and all that...

Best regards
HP

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Still... Prevention before 'cure' and all that...
I can do my part for prevention, but as long as tens of thousands of corporations and government facilities attach their data bases to the internet, we, the people, will be stuck with trying to cure the effects. :(

Don't want some Nigerian Prince turning off your nuclear power plant? Don't attach the controls to the internet!!!:mad: