a tri-level with a single supply

raffter

Joined Feb 28, 2008
@Sgt.

nice circuit there(on page2) .... very simple with the triwave gen and comparator! cool! and single supply too...

now I have also a similar project dealing with bi-level signal output

this could be off-topic but I was wondering how I would go about this , a tri-level with a single supply... is it possible?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Raffter,
Yes, you're off topic. I suggest that you start a new one, and if you feel the circuit may be applicable to your situation, then include a link to this thread.

Also, include more details about what you want the input and output signals to look like, as I'm not quite understanding your "tri-level with single supply" statement.

raffter

Joined Feb 28, 2008
Sgt.

I have done the circuit with fullbridge output (4 mosfets/2 IR2110) and I noticed the AC output swing is NOT balanced... I mean there is more negative value swing than the positive swing of output.. how Do I combat this problem? why does THIS happen?

monopolar supply both pwm and fullbridge..

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You are hijacking Magnet18's thread.

A Moderator will hopefully move posts beginning #58 to a new thread; the below link references the hijacked thread:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=49467

Meanwhile, in your 1st post in the hijack referred to a circuit that Magnet18 modified and posted on page 2, which I later indicated wouldn't work properly. Apparently, you took build that circuit, and added more stuff too it, and now you're wondering why it is not working properly.

You need to post a link (or better yet, attach an image) of the circuit that you built.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Well, it looks like you're trying to make a DC-AC inverter using a PWM'ed triangle wave as an input.

None of the schematics in the magnet18 thread will be stable enough for such use. They were just a simple way to get something going with magnet18's project.

The circuit I posted in #8 is based on Ron_H's circuit, but the PWM out won't have fast enough rise/fall times for input to your IR2110, nor go low enough.

I am completely out of time for projects such as your undertaking.

Perhaps someone else will help you.

Last edited: