A simple reverse vending machine..! help..!!

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by tea_tarik, Feb 24, 2010.

1. tea_tarik

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    hello, I'm from MALAYSIA and currently working on my final project which is a simple reverse vending machine that will pay certain amount of money to the user for dumping a empty aluminum-can. the system will count the number of can trowed into the machine and times with $RM 0.10 for 1 can.

The problem is i couldn't find the circuit and do have any idea on the paying part. So, I'm here asking u guys out there, who can help in this matter..i really appreciate whatever u done to make it happen, even replying this thread..!

2. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    That should not be that hard, what you need to do is get an off the shelf cash/coin dispenser, this way fraud deterrent and security features are already in place, no need to re invent the wheel if you don't have to.....

I design and build these type of machines for a living......

[​IMG]

See www.kansmacker.com for more info on these machines......

B. Morse

3. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    I think the secret is reading the barcode. From that you can decide many details of the product.

4. tea_tarik

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    i know there are many company out there that design this machine..and i here are not re-invent it..
    i just want to complete my final project task..that it..

now, i already change my machine process method..it only can count aluminum can..calculate the price..and print a receipt..the receipt can be redeem.

I'm not gonna use the coin distributor for the payment method..because i think it very difficult do to..

pls..i need the circuit..

enclosed the block diagram of process.

5. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009

Yes, our machines have 2 omni directional barcode scanners, with the barcode information the machine can determine if the item is an aluminum can, plastic PET, or if it is glass (Sorts glass by color also, since you can not mix clear and blue with brown and green glass). The machine then sorts the commodity accordingly, crushes the cans and plastic containers to compact them to fit into the bin underneath the machine.... the machine also keeps track of each barcodes lifetime and daily counts, keeps track of all the accounting for the store, since each distributor has to pay the store back each dime they pay out per item....

B. Morse