a silly question

terratoss

Joined Mar 26, 2012
Hi guys, I am just curious about this thing on my mind. For example, if I left my iphone charger on after the charge is done and the iphone is removed from the cable, will the charger still be taking in the same amount of electricity like when is it charging the iphone?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Hi guys, I am just curious about this thing on my mind. For example, if I left my iphone charger on after the charge is done and the iphone is removed from the cable, will the charger still be taking in the same amount of electricity like when is it charging the iphone?
if it's a USB cable, no, it's just a cable.

If it's a wall charger, no, it won't take the same amount of power, but it will drain some miniscule amount of power.

If it's a car charger, I think no, it's just a cable (I could be wrong, might be a voltage regulator in there)

terratoss

Joined Mar 26, 2012
if it's a USB cable, no, it's just a cable.

If it's a wall charger, no, it won't take the same amount of power, but it will drain some miniscule amount of power.

If it's a car charger, I think no, it's just a cable (I could be wrong, might be a voltage regulator in there)
Hm.. I see.. So can I say that any adapter/charger without its load will only draw minuscule power that is negligible?