A Return to the Fold...

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi all,

Long time no speak. Given the large amount of mail I have received regarding my lengthy absence I thought it would be appropriate to post up a quick message (and an apology for some).

I have been in regular contact with Rob since Christmas and have assured him that I have been well and have not forgotten about AAC; I know he has passed the message on when people have queried him, so thanks for that Rob.

So where have I been hiding? Put simply, real-life has caught up with me. Family-life and work, which are two of the most important things in ones life have really come to a head. Families are complex beasts, I won't say much more than that, but thankfully all is well if a little hectic. Furthermore, I am in the concluding year of a major project I have been running for the last 5 years or so; working on-the-road and 12 hour days are the norm, and weekends have become a luxury absorbed by my attempts to extensively renovate an old house! Ok, so I do have some spare time, but that has largely been absorbed by family commitments, and as one can imagine having spent 12 hours sat at a computer the last thing I can face in the evenings is more keyboard pounding. Sadly sometimes short-term priorities change, and in recent months for myself that has certainly been the case.

I'm pleased to see the old faces are still doing the site proud, and am also pleased to see that we have added many new faces to the ranks - I haven't had the chance to welcome you personally so I will extend my welcome at this time.

At this time it would be appropriate to state my gratitudes go to the others mods and admin who have kept the site running so smoothly, efficiently, and with the professionalism they have always displayed in their service to this site - I also would like to publicly welcome the bertus to the mod team - I know from our a chat over e-mail that you have settled in well.

I most certainly will be on-line more in the coming weeks and months and hope to get back to my more frequent contributions to the site. It's good to be back :)

Regards,

Dave

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello Dave,

Welcome back to the forum.
Good to see you back here.
Hope you will have more time now.

Bertus

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hello Dave,

Welcome back to the forum.
Good to see you back here.
Hope you will have more time now.

Bertus
Thanks bertus. More time, yes, enough time, we shall see...

Dave,welcome back,Loosewire.
Thanks loosewire, glad to see you still around giving your take on the world.

Welcome back. If you need help on the house, just call. Been there and done that. John
Cheers John. It might be nice to touch base with others on this sort of thing as it is something we have all experienced at one level or another. The degree to which it can permeate into your life is quite amazing. Needless to say, I'm almost there.

Something I should have said in my OP: if you sent me a PM during my absence, you will get a reply, even if only to check that the query you raised has been resolved. It might take a good few days to go through them all, but you took the time to write so the least I can do is take the time to reply.

Dave

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Well..Well....I have been waiting for quite a while for you.

I don't think welcome back is appropriate from my side since we've never met.

Heard about you and been reading too.
Since I am acquainted with all the more senior respected members during my time in AAC, All I can say is,

Nice to meet you, Dave.