A request for anyone with artistic ability...

mbxs3

Joined Oct 14, 2009
I am in the process of building a website and was wondering if anyone here would mind designing a graphic for me. Basically it will end up being the banner of the webpage, similar to how "all about circuits" has their banner graphic. I am not currently in a position to pay anyone but would certainly give credit to the artist on my site. I am also not in a big hurry so anyone who would be interested in doing this would have a good amount of time.

The graphic I would like designed would read: "MBs Workshop". It doesn't have to be too fancy or anything, I just would like something other then what a web page template can offer. The websites purpose will be electronic based, dealing with working on broken electrical/electronic systems so that could be worked into the design. Anyways, if anyone is interested let me know.

mbxs3

Joined Oct 14, 2009
No responses yet. As far as size goes, I think something that would span across the top of the page from left to right. So when people access the site, they see it, and associate it with the site. If I come across a website that has a graphic size that corresponds to what I have in mind, I'll post a link.

However, I have no artistic intuition nor website design skill so I am also very open to the artist's suggestion. But basically, I want a graphic that defines my webpage, if that makes sense.

The purpose of my webpage once I get around to building it is a place where I can talk about and display projects and ideas that I have worked on or plan on working on. These projects will mainly be electrical/electronic based so the "banner" graphic can associate with electrical/electronic ideas too.

Thanks for the response by the way.

Last edited:

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

When you want to have a screen wide banner, keep in mind that there are different screen resolutions.
So you will need different banners, or a banner with a fill pattern.

Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
That is an excellent point. I as thinking of trying my hand at it. As I say in my introduction in my blog, I am a fair technical artist, it is people I can't draw.

So how many banners would something like that need to cover all the resolutions (or at least a reasonable number)?