A real science breakthrough

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Finally they have arrived
http://huvrtech.com/ :D
Rumors have it that it will come in two versions. One European version, and one XXL size version for the USA market adapted to overweight people. The USA model will have a much higher fuel consumption and poor handling particular in corners

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Didn't think you would fall for that.

Simple physics: it wouldn't work.
Tsk tsk MrChips do you not recognize Irony:D In this case it almost jump up and bite you. And it was also posted in the off-topic section for reason

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I spent most of my evening last night trying to explain to people that this is a hoax, and you can clearly see the harness under Tony Hawk's (is that his name?) shirt. The physics don't make any sense, and the way the people move it's clear that something is holding them up.

Would have been nice if it were real though.

Matt

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I quite agree. The premise of a hovercraft or anti-gravity sled (Futurama) is a very enticing idea. The first person to make one will be a millionaire before the sun rises again.

Great material for a hoax.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I spent most of my evening last night trying to explain to people that this is a hoax, and you can clearly see the harness under Tony Hawk's (is that his name?) shirt. The physics don't make any sense, and the way the people move it's clear that something is holding them up.
Also point out to them that there is the front tire and outrigger of a large wheeled crane on the right hand side of the screen at 3:32.

Also the guy in the red shirt around 2:15 clearly shows the typical crane boom bounce that occurs when an operator lifts something too fast. ;)

I'm expecting a behind the scenes video of this to come out shortly. :rolleyes:

Never mind. These guys show how its done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjjCH71J74

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
Also point out to them that there is the front tire and outrigger of a large wheeled crane on the right hand side of the screen at 3:32.

Also the guy in the red shirt around 2:15 clearly shows the typical crane boom bounce that occurs when an operator lifts something too fast. ;)

I'm expecting a behind the scenes video of this to come out shortly. :rolleyes:

Never mind. These guys show how its done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjjCH71J74

Those poor dudes, think that it is a 2X4.

It's closer to a 2X8".:rolleyes:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Oh. You mean, "buy the hoax". For a minute I thought you meant, "Buy a hoverboard". I was going to get all over you about having no imagination, but then, the coffee was ready. :D

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
A little anti-US bias showing?
Anti-US? Don't be weak and feel bullied. Instead, act like a 'real American' and assume he is jealous that we live in the Land-of-Plenty and can afford to be fat and happy. Then assume he can barely afford to feed his family, assume his country cannot fill his healthcare needs and then assure him that a barely-literate American students will soon be sent to his country to help his children learn to read.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Oh. You mean, "buy the hoax". For a minute I thought you meant, "Buy a hoverboard". I was going to get all over you about having no imagination, but then, the coffee was ready. :D
Coffee at 8:30 PM? Do you have an exam in the morning?