A Rat in the house, or is it a mouse..donno, don't care!!!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
What ever it is it's been running in the kitchen for some time and being scaring every one well out of their pants but me.

This little rascal is clever, it's been listening to my conversation when ever I am in the kitchen and being avoiding all and every trap I made.

To night as I lit the kitchen, I saw the dude climbing up the washing machine power code So this is how it get's up so high to hide.

This time I ain't saying a word......hehehe

Then it hit me how to electrocute the bugger. :D

One question is, is it possible the short circuit every neuron or nerve in it's body :rolleyes:.

I know it's covered in fur which is immune to electron flow.
But....

What abt it's feet. It needs to grab the cord to climb.....
what do you think?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
My neighbor has a bird feeder and he electrified a wire mesh around the pole to zap squirrels as they try to climp the pole to steal the birds food.. Fun times..fun times indeed.
He also has another feeder that has a disc around it that starts to spin fast once their weight is on it.. Also fun times watching them get slung off across the yard.

Bosparra

Joined Feb 17, 2010
When you say it avoids all the traps, where do you put the traps? I found that traps need to placed next to walls, skirtings etc. since rats dont like crossing open spaces. They tend to run along walls. Also, I had one evade all my traps for months. The cheese I put in the trap would dissapear, but the trap does not trigger, until someone told me to put peanut butter on the trap. The peanut butter is sticky and sets the trap off easily.

Good luck with the hunt. If all else fails, get a cat.;)

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Hate to be the damper on the party, but if the voltage & current is enough to kill the 4-legged critter, it's probably enough to kill YOU as well. :eek:

Use a safe trap. Try using a glue trap with a bait in the middle. Bacon and peanut butter are good baits.

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
Do my trick, take apart a disposible camera with flash, solder some wires to the flash capacitor, stick the flash charge button down and put in a AA battery, strategically place the wires, then watch the sparks fly...

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Do my trick, take apart a disposible camera with flash, solder some wires to the flash capacitor, stick the flash charge button down and put in a AA battery, strategically place the wires, then watch the sparks fly...

It wont kill the rodent but it sure will piss him off!! (I know since I have already tried that at the shop, even a pneumatic shotgun, and all other sorts of "electronic" traps.) the best thing to do is use peanut butter as already mentioned on the traps, this definitely does the trick every time, rodents can not resist nuts, and they would have to scrape it off the trap trigger so guaranteed to release every time....

or buy some of this!
POISON.jpg

which we ended up having to do, being so close to the grand river, every time it gets up there from the rain, we have all kinds of dog sized rats coming into the building.....

B. Morse

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Electrocuting will be done very carefully. Everybody will be informed on the trick and I'll have warnings place before the trap and besides my family is pretty well informed abt electricity since I am around.

First let's see if I can Fry the bugger if it fails, I'll get a base ball bat, block every exit and try to get home run. :D

Peanut butter..hmmm..I like peanut butter :p

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
<snip> I'll get a base ball bat, block every exit and try to get home run. :D

Peanut butter..hmmm..I like peanut butter :p

Me and a few of the guys at the shop used to have a "rat day", we have some storage trailers outside the building that we knew the rats were in so we would have a couple of people bang on the front of the trailer, and we would wait on the other side with clubs and try to get as many as possible, I still hold the record for 16 kills in one day!!

B. Morse

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Me and a few of the guys at the shop used to have a "rat day", we have some storage trailers outside the building that we knew the rats were in so we would have a couple of people bang on the front of the trailer, and we would wait on the other side with clubs and try to get as many as possible, I still hold the record for 16 kills in one day!!

B. Morse
16 in one day..Now that's a record :D

We are pretty careful on these dudes getting into the house, but eventually every once in a while one dude is clumsy enuf to find shelter in a death trap.

massive

Joined May 7, 2010
Hi,
I cringe at some of your murderous ideas but any how, over in Aussie the Abo's have a trick on catching Rabbits ,if you ever get any in your kitchen.

What they do is find the rabbit hole and stick a stick up the hole until it makes contact and then they twirl the stick ,rpm style.
The stick twirls the hair onto itself and the Rabbit is stuck to the stick.
Theyre bloody clever all right , the Abo,s I'm talking about.
You might need a little stick.....

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hi,
I cringe at some of your murderous ideas but any how, over in Aussie the Abo's have a trick on catching Rabbits ,if you ever get any in your kitchen.

What they do is find the rabbit hole and stick a stick up the hole until it makes contact and then they twirl the stick ,rpm style.
not to be rude here buddy but. :D
heeheeeeeeeeheeeeeeeeheeeee
I have no idea what you are talkin abt.
I am imagining ur accent and trying to replicate you by saying what u wrote...

Hi,

Really bloody clever they are to. Not only catching rabbits but catching the government as well. Free education, in fact get paid to send thier kids to school. The amount of other payments is amazing.

PS. Don't let them catch you calling them ABOS, they will sue you A off.

massive

Joined May 7, 2010
Hi,
Why not try and be a better person and feed the poor lil bugger till it cant fit thru the hole?
Then resort to being yourself again.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You could feed it Alka-Seltzer and make it explode.

Thats the best of both of your worlds.

See, he gets fed, AND he gets dead. ;)