a question from all members

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by greatsumit, Feb 10, 2009.

1. greatsumit

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 10, 2009
    i have deep interest in the field of electronics ,i want to develop my hobby in
    designing new electronic circuits but i don't know where to start?what should
    i do to develop electronics as a hobby

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    That depends entirely on your interests. There are many ways to approach it, robotics, visual displays, amature radio. Basically decide what you like to do.

Don't forget though, this is a hands on hobby. For every hour reading there is probably at least one hour building something, probably more. It isn't all soldering either. You can merge woodworking, machining, and probably a few other disiplines in with it too.

But first, you need to read, and be willing to do some math. Math is especially the language of electronics, if you want to build new things. If you are into kits, or simple projects the math requirement goes down, but nothing substitutes for the reading.

3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  4. b.shahvir

Jan 6, 2009
    GET A GOOD SOLDERING IRON FIRST! :D

5. Shmurk

Aug 13, 2007
    I'm a newbie and begun with an Arduino board. I can program it in C or C++, but I can also use it to power simple circuits on a breadboard, and control the components.

6. b.shahvir

Jan 6, 2009
    Start from home........ involve urself in various DIY projects in electronics on weekends with friends who share similar interests.
    subscribe to tech magazines....... surf the net voraciously for electronic projects & keep urself busy. Finally ask lot of questions.

Buy electronic parts from local market or scavenge the neighbourhood junkyard. whatever you do , do not think too much.......start doing, rest will follow. Good Luck. :)

P.S. DIY projects, if successful can earn you money too! ;)

7. Thevenin's Planet

Nov 14, 2008
    Frist thing I developed was understanding,what is voltage,current,resistance and ground(s).What is meant by negative and positive.These subjects keep me very interesting to find out how they are use in many circuits from direct voltage to alternating voltages,supperimposed voltage or current.These things will lead one into the mathetical understanding of electricity and electronics.Then the magic take place,that is,how the components associates with other components.Finally, creativity emerges.These thoughts keep me eagerly pursuing until someday I will know yet not knowing when I began to know.

8. KL7AJ

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 4, 2008
    I got my amateur radio license right after high school, which led to a long career in broadcast engineering, scientific research, and writing. Can't complain at all. :)

eric

9. sarwiz

Mar 9, 2009
    And a Really good desoldering iron and extra tips for it. I think I have used that more than my soldering iron over the years.
    P.S. I just found this site and think it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I've dabbled in electronics for years, but now am really learning some good things. Thank you for this site!!!

10. kfong0128

Mar 10, 2009
    Hi,
    Good day.
    I am a newbie too. Just registered.
    Intend to repair my own modem, changing a few bad capacitors. Well, "No Venture, No Gain ! ".............Good luck to all of you........

11. gregdevid

Feb 4, 2009
    Hi friend,

Your thinking and suggestion is really mind blowing. In this case you start with your interested area for electronics book and other new developed things .

The best suggestion is to analyze all the new developed part which is renew and maintain with new functionality and involve your mind in this.