A Question About Free Cars

Polar Bear Guy

Joined Nov 17, 2007
Hello:

This forum site is great! I've been lurking around for awhile just reading messages and I finally have a question to ask but it's not related to this site.

I wanted to ask peoples opinions on something I came across about getting a free car to drive in exchange for having the car being covered in a big ad like a billboard. You just need to pay the gas and insurance.

My girlfriend and I need a good second car so this seems like it might be something practical for us if we can put up with the outrageous paint job. :)

Anyway, the question I have is, has anyone ever tried this and if so, what did it feel like driving around with that giant ad? Did you get many negative looks or comments? What were people's reactions like?

I personally wouldn't care but the girlfriend is a little leary....

Any thoughts or opinions?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Wouldn't you do better seeking out somebody in your area who has had direct experience with the offer?

Opinion - it it sounds like it's too good to be true.....

Polar Bear Guy

Joined Nov 17, 2007
There's no question that Advertising cars are available. I've seen several of them driving on the highway where I live but not anywhere in my own neighborhood.

I also read a business magazine a while back that talked about the impact the ads were having with some businesses. So that's not really in question.

The only thing stopping us is that the girlfriend is worried about how it might look to have a car that's covered in who knows what kind of ad.

I'm trying to cut expenses and I'm just looking for ammo to convince her...

Salgat

Joined Dec 23, 2006
Haha, you seem like a bot in your first post. Look into it, but I'd be very very suspicious of it. You may end up with a used car on the verge of breaking down, only to discover that like it states on the site, you have to pay for all repairs (along with insurance). Just do your homework before rushing into this.

Polar Bear Guy

Joined Nov 17, 2007
Salgat:

You're absolutely right about that.. I will be careful to be sure what kind of vehicle we end up getting if we do.

As for sounding like a "Bot" as I look at what I wrote, it does sound like that.

It's probably an occupational hazard since I'm a researcher and writer...