A program that will read data from the switches

zacboy11

Joined May 15, 2014
i need to write a program that will read data from the switches 0 to 3 and display the respective data onto the LEDs 0 to 3 and onto the 7segments display displaying the data in hexadecimal by using easy68k

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
  • What switches? What type of switch are they? How are they connected to the processor?
  • What do you mean by corresponding data?
  • What LEDs? What is their Vf and current requirements? How are they connected to the processor?
  • What LCD? How is it connected to the processor?
  • Does your simulator also simulate attached hardware?
Don't worry if you can't answer all of the questions. "I don't know" is a valid answer. I'm just trying to get a better definition of the problem and a sense of your understanding of it.

Last edited:

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i need to write a program that will read data from the switches 0 to 3 and display the respective data onto the LEDs 0 to 3 and onto the 7segments display displaying the data in hexadecimal by using easy68k
What is easy68k?

Don't you think it's a bit unreasonable to expect strangers in an online forum to know every tool and environment that you might be using? Or to expect them to spend their time going out and looking up stuff just to figure out the very basics of what you are being asked to do?

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
easy68k seem to be an assembler (and IDE):
http://www.easy68k.com/

@zakboy11

68k is a processor, not a micro-controller, so it needs external hardware (something with io ports) to control your I/O. you have not mentioned architecture or addressing scheme of your platform, weather or not common of inputs is tied to 0Vdc or Vcc (normally it is 0Vdc), if the 7seg output is for common anode or common cathode etc.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The easy68k is not only an assembler and IDE, but an emulator of an entire development system including a set of peripherals.