A Powerful Picture

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Now why would you think one cop is pinning his arms and the other trying to 'choke' him out when they could have just shot him and not even gotten their little racist fingers dirty?
My view of what happened, directly before the shooting(in the seconds of the shooting)

Cop 1. knee on his neck
Cop2. on his abdomen, feels a gun in his(Sterling's) pocket and yells, GUN
Cop 1. doesn't see one, but since his partner said it, there has to be one. Draws his and shoots till the "threat" stops moving.

Quote from the store owner, " The video seems to corroborate the account of the shooting that Muflahi gave Tuesday following the shooting. Mulfahi said he and Sterling had known each other for about six years, and that Sterling often stood outside his store, selling CDs and DVDs. He told CNN that he hadn't witnessed any kind of confrontation that night that would have led the police to be called, and that, after Sterling was pinned by police, an officer yelled, "gun," and shots were fired. Afterward, Muflahi said he saw the officer pull the gun from Sterling's pocket." This is after he produced a second video he took and the cops didn't know he had it. Whole story here - https://www.romper.com/p/did-alton-...cond-video-is-helping-to-clarify-rumors-13958

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
He told CNN that he hadn't witnessed any kind of confrontation that night that would have led the police to be called, and that, after Sterling was pinned by police, an officer yelled, "gun," and shots were fired. Afterward, Muflahi said he saw the officer pull the gun from Sterling's pocket." This is after he produced a second video he took and the cops didn't know he had it.
The police did receive a 911 call about a man being threaten with a gun at that location.

I'll say it again.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Not even close to a extreme level of stupidity.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/28/us/tamir-rice-shooting/
It was "reasonable" to believe the officer who killed the boy believed Tamir was a threat, the prosecutor said, adding that the toy gun looked real.
A recent FBI video analysis, the prosecutor said, showed Tamir "was drawing his gun from his waist as the police slid toward him and Officer Loehmann exited the car." After the shooting, officers discovered it was a toy gun.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I know it was a training exercise, everyone in the video knew it was a training exercise, yet they SHOT and were SHOT.

Too bad they weren't "interviewed" about why they shot, how many times, etc ... like the police officer would have been.

Instant decisions. Hindsight is 20-20. Partial video doesn't tell the whole story.

Social media throws due process and the constitutional rights of the fourth, fifth, and fourteenth amendments in the shitcan. What's the difference between a BLM rally for justice and a KKK rally for justice? Can you imagine the media narrative if there were a KKK rally for justice when a black murderer wasn't arrested or investigated? I don't expect there will be a KKK rally for black on black murders. I don't see the typical race pimps out talking about it either.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
And here we have one reason why Castile was killed and riots ensued.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-castile-bulletproof-warrior-training/
I have not been through one of Calibre Press Survival Seminar, and I wonder if William M. Grigg has. I did however look at the course outline and the video the article linked to, and I didn't reach the same conclusions as Mr. Grigg. Being a cop is a difficult job and some people are better at it than others. Some of what cops should do is public relations, some is simple traffic and crowd control, but some is dealing with criminals, and officers don't often know the intentions of the person they are about to come face to face with. Unfortunately, this means that should always be prepared to defend themselves with whatever means necessary to avoid being harmed. And perhaps the most difficult part of the job is being prepared to die or kill while still maintaining a positive demeanor with strangers. Granted, most encounters don't reach that threat level, but it only takes one and no cop knows if or when that one will come.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
part of the job is being prepared to die or kill while still maintaining a positive demeanor with strangers.
Castile had been pulled over more than 50 times in that city. He was known to the local police. He was not a stranger.
All the rest of what you said is the same old boilerplate that all cops spew after each of the 1000+ people they kill each year.
as compared to England, where the police didn't kill that many people in a CENTURY.

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
I don't know anything about the Castile situation other than what's been on the TV, so I don't have the basis for a valid opinion on it. I was speaking in general terms, and didn't think I was "spewing" anything. I certainly don't want to re-argue the differences between the US and Europe. In fact, I don't want to argue with you at all. I am sorry to have given that impression.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I don't know anything about the Castile situation other than what's been on the TV...
TV news is so unreliable that the only reason I saw this on TV was that I was in a barber shop and the TV was on. I was surprised because American police kill over 1000 people per year, and I can't remember seeing any of it on TV in many years. Maybe that's because I don't watch TV news.

I don't think the regular police kills have been on TV because these two seem to have caused protests in several cities. If the Mainstream Media had been reporting the other 998 kills per year, two shouldn't have stirred up so much protesting.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
A powerful Picture, of an idiot.

An angel on one shoulder and a devil on one shoulder in this situation. Obviously he listened to the devil.