A Powerful Picture

mxg2579

Joined Jun 10, 2015
Sure, they look militarized, but what do you expect? After officers in Dallas die at a protest, would you be on the street facing this down with no protection? These "peaceful" protests are what drives the criminal justice system to militarization. It's talked about alot in the universities, and everyone sees that this will become the future if people can't learn the difference between protesting and rioting (or protesting unlawfully).

What is shocking to me is how these protests are happening to bring justice for the deceased individual. Why don't they wait until the justice system is finished doing its job, then ask for "justice" if they don't like the outcome?

Also, saw on the news this morning, investigators are finding that the deceased man from Baton Rouge happened to be reaching for his pocket when he was shot. If you were in the officers position, what would you do? These cops' lives are threatened everyday, and they have to make quick decisions on whether or not to act; whether or not they go home at night is down to those actions. Why bring force upon yourself by resisting and reaching for pockets when officers are trying to do their job?

Just my $0.02 from someone who lives in La, and has very different views on what actually happens around here than what the media portrays.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
She is still HOT!
Perhaps but 'hot and extremely opinionated' is about as much fun in a relationship as 'hot and batsh!t crazy'.

The hotness factor tends to wear off pretty quick and all you're left seeing is the overly opinionated and or batsh!t crazy part and that gets old really fast.

Believe me, I been down both roads. After the first few miles the nice scenery aspects become less and less relevant as you come to realize you're walking barefoot and the road is littered with broken glass and nails. :(

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Sure, they look militarized, but what do you expect? After officers in Dallas die at a protest, would you be on the street facing this down with no protection? These "peaceful" protests are what drives the criminal justice system to militarization. It's talked about alot in the universities, and everyone sees that this will become the future if people can't learn the difference between protesting and rioting (or protesting unlawfully).

What is shocking to me is how these protests are happening to bring justice for the deceased individual. Why don't they wait until the justice system is finished doing its job, then ask for "justice" if they don't like the outcome?

Also, saw on the news this morning, investigators are finding that the deceased man from Baton Rouge happened to be reaching for his pocket when he was shot. If you were in the officers position, what would you do? These cops' lives are threatened everyday, and they have to make quick decisions on whether or not to act; whether or not they go home at night is down to those actions. Why bring force upon yourself by resisting and reaching for pockets when officers are trying to do their job?

Just my $0.02 from someone who lives in La, and has very different views on what actually happens around here than what the media portrays.

That's the part I don't get.

They want to be seen as respectable and worthy of trust yet every single action they take says they have zero interests in actually learning how to act appropriately and respond properly in the given situations.

If a law enforcement officer comes up to me with his firearm drawn the last thing I will be doing is putting my hands anywhere other than where he tells me period. That simple concept should not be beyond the grasp of any rational mentally fit person. If he tells me to be quiet and put my hands on my head and keep them there and I can't shut my mouth plus start reaching for anywhere other than the top of my head I damn well deserve to be shot.

Same with this dancing and whatever in primary roadways and such. As far as I am concerned we need a national law that is similar to those in other countries that consider that Jaywalking, which is illegal, and should you get your dumbass run over while doing it to be no fault of the vehicle operator who run you over but rather you are for being a dumbass dancing in the freeway traffic to celebrate you're being an idiot.

I'm pretty sure that once a few dozen dumbasses dancing on the freeway get mowed down the rest will figure out that just maybe that's a stupid way and place to celebrate anything.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I hear you guys.

I hear what your saying and I don't blame the cops.
I'm pretty sure this is going to come out inconclusive unless more video pops up. So the protesters won't be happy then either.
So the real question is why are they doing it????? Is it just a fun evening downtown???

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I'm pretty sure this is going to come out inconclusive unless more video pops up. So the protesters won't be happy then either.
So the real question is why are they doing it????? Is it just a fun evening downtown???
It's pretty conclusive that 911 was dialed because the convicted felon with a gun threaten a person. His death was easily preventable at the hands of the police by one simple rule: Don't be a dumb-azz criminal.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton...ke-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/

As for protesting, I would have a picnic thanking the police for the elimination of a monster from this world.

What's on the mind of someone is impossible to know until they speak.
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/07/first_black_miss_alabama_says.html

Last edited:

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I only protested for one cause. The Tea Party. You would not believe the restrictions that were put on us.

No disruption of any pedestrian or auto traffic. AND no sticks on the signs, we were told they could be used as weapons.

That's my protesting experience. We weren't allowed to riot.

mxg2579

Joined Jun 10, 2015
I hear you guys.

I hear what your saying and I don't blame the cops.
That's a really good question. My guess is that it is summer, so they have nothing else to do. I find it really amazing how easily these people can be swayed and brought to such strong feelings about this, when they do not know all of the facts.

Some protesters still have signs that say "hands up don't shoot" and that was clearly proved wrong in that case.

Another guess is because that's what the people in power want. A few news outlets quoted Baton Rouge officials saying that protesters became violent after "out of town" supports showed up. Trying to find that quote now, but I think that speaks wonders.

Edit:

http://www.katc.com/story/32412055/protests-continue-in-baton-rouge-police-block-i-10-ramps

The Baton Rouge police spokesman, Sgt. Don Coppola, blamed some violence and the large number of arrests on outside agitators. One officer lost teeth to a projectile thrown outside police headquarters, and police also confiscated three rifles, three shotguns and two pistols during that protest, he wrote in an email.

"It appears the protest at Baton Rouge Police Headquarters have become more violent as out of town protesters are arriving," he said.

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
It's pretty conclusive that 911 was dialed because the convicted felon with a gun threaten a person. His death was easily preventable at the hands of the police by one simple rule: Don't be a dumb-azz criminal.
http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/alton...ke-shot-charges-video-youtube-facebook-watch/
Not saying he was a boy scout, but if your suggesting it was okay for them to shot him for his offense, I would remind you we have courts to decide his punishment.

As for protesting, I would have a picnic thanking the police for the elimination of a monster from this world.
Well, make a sign and have a ball.:D

What's on the mind of someone is impossible to know until they speak.
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/07/first_black_miss_alabama_says.html
Sad, but seemingly honest. What do you think? To much TV?
Are there a lot more that feel the same way?

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Another guess is because that's what the people in power want.
Who do you think that is?
A few news outlets quoted Baton Rouge officials saying that protesters became violent after "out of town" supports showed up. Trying to find that quote now, but I think that speaks wonders.
Interesting

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Not saying he was a boy scout, but if your suggesting it was okay for them to shot him for his offense, I would remind you we have courts to decide his punishment.
I agree but he was not being punished for past crimes when he was shot but his criminal past surely influenced his immediate actions.

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
I agree but he was not being punished for past crimes when he was shot.
Only 3 people knew why he was shot and one of them is dead.
Fortunately we have reasonable doubt in a case like this, so no charges will be brought unless something new surfaces.
So the justice department will come in and decide the locals need some help and we will have some new protests when they fail to indite anyone.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
She's HOT!
I agree, but you and tcmtech making this about sexualization is an insult.
The woman is doing a Ghandi thing. "If you want to bring SWAT teams and MRAPs to attack me for just standing here, let's take a picture and let the world see how you act."

ps, I've been down that road of "hot and batsh*t crazy".
I called it, "Sex of a lifetime and crazy to match."
After all that, "been there, done that" I quit women all together.
I'm just not willing to pay the price any more,
and there's always a price.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Also, saw on the news this morning, investigators are finding that the deceased man from Baton Rouge happened to be reaching for his pocket when he was sho
Did you see the video of him being shot? How would anyone in a fight see what his hand was doing? One cop on his stomach pinning his arms and the other trying to get him in a choke hold. How did they have time to watch his hands? what do you think anyone that just shot somebody is going to say, cop or citizen?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Did you see the video of him being shot? How would anyone in a fight see what his hand was doing? One cop on his stomach pinning his arms and the other trying to get him in a choke hold. How did they have time to watch his hands? what do you think anyone that just shot somebody is going to say, cop or citizen?
Now why would you think one cop is pinning his arms and the other trying to 'choke' him out when they could have just shot him and not even gotten their little racist fingers dirty?