A Newbie requiring advice

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by freeanon, Sep 27, 2007.

1. freeanon

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 26, 2007

I am interested in knowing how PDA's are built and how their various functionalities are programmed. Which of these sub-forums would I need to spend the most time and where else (external to the forum) can I gleam some valuable information.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    PDA's are fairly complex devices. The Wikipedia article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_digital_assistant - may give you some ideas of just how complex. The specific information you are looking for is most likely to be proprietary in nature, and not available to the general public.
  3. cumesoftware

Apr 27, 2007
    PDA's are indeed complex and proprietary. I'm sorry to say that the most closest thing you can get to a PDA is an 8-bit computer (and believe me that those are also complex in nature, maybe too complex for a newbie in electronics.

It would be wise to say: start out with simple projects. Understand basic logics first. Starting with complicated projects would be a bad idea and could lead you to give up from the electronics subject. I think nobody started with a complex project without having simpler projects made first, despite of what they might say.

It is always good to acquire some experience in the field, and a practical one. For me, practical experience is more important than theory.