A new way for easy silkscreen !!!!

After reading, did you benifit from that?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already use this metode

• Toner transfer is better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob T.

Joined Oct 22, 2012
Throughout my experience in electronics i found out a good, cheap, and easy way to apply a silkscreen on a PCB.

-Materials:
  • A photocopy image of your inverted silkscreen.
  • Acetone, nail polish remover will be better.
  • Car body clear coat spray, or any similar (optional).
  • PCB.

-Procedure:
Before you start you must have your board etched and drilled with no chemicals on it so it wont react with the acetone.
The first thing you have to do is to align your PCB drills with the silk screen you can use a needle, the most important thing is that you must align the right component symbol with it drills. Make sure that the printed side facing downward on the PCB.
Then put Acetone on the paper, the plane side facing you, then press on the paper until the acetone evaporates, dont use much acetone, and make sure that the hole diagram is covered with acetone.
When there is no more Acetone, peal of the paper and soak it in water and remove every bits of paper.
Finally spray the side with clear body spay so it will last longer, most body sprays are heat resistant so dont wory, you can solder safely.

I know, you can just use toner transfer, but this works better for me than getting the toner pealed of easily, i find that stronger and cheaper.
Thank you for reading..........:)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. New threads are also automatically moderated per Moderator review for this reason. I did not feel your thread did not belonged in this forum, and it was moved here.

If you were to add some pictures to the process I might reconsider. The poll isn't really appropriate for Completed Projects either.

If it does get moved back to Completed Project I will delete this post.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
No need, I already have. Once you have 10 posts you will find you then have the ability to edit indefinitely. The under 10 post restriction is to prevent hit and run homework types who, after having all their questions answered, deleted all their posts to keep their fellow students and professors from finding out.

When this post meets the standards as I have laid them out I can move it back. Think of it as a work in progress, pending you posting enough to completely participate in this site.