a new flying project

jimit

Joined Oct 28, 2010
hi every one i am planing to make a toy which can fly but cant get the best way or idea plz help:D

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
The title caught my attention, but your question is a bit broad in scope. Can you narrow it a little?

Paper airplanes are an interesting facet as mentioned by Kermit2.
Here are some sources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_plane
http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1988/6/88.06.02.x.html

If there is any chance that you can get the International Paper Airplane Contest books, you will not regret it. Some very complicated designs are shown, but one of the simplest (see flying wing about 2/3 down the Wikipedia page) is great fun. It is simple to make and flies extremely well.

Ornithopters (flapping wing) are another niche. We had a club member (12 years ago) who was competitive at world events. His model could fly in a confined space (classroom) for more than 30 minutes on rubber band power. The record at the time for a larger area was 45 minutes, which he had also attained. Construction techniques can be exotic. The models can be extremely light.

At the other end of the spectrum are are 1/2 scale models and bigger.

John

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
How about an autogyro?
They are amazing - they combine the worst features of a helicopter with the worst features of a plane.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010

it launches paper airplanes with rotating rubber lined wheels. Fires them as fast as you can feed them in.

Wish someone had thought of that one when I was younger.

Last edited:

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009

it launches paper airplanes with rotating rubber lined wheels. Fires them as fast as you can feed them in.

Wish someone had thought of that one when I was younger.
I made one of those with my kid about 2 years back. It's not nearly as "touchy" or picky as I had assumed!

jimit

Joined Oct 28, 2010
i like the quad copter but what about the rc circuit needed
i don't want a ready made one i want to build it my self