A New Asthma Treatment

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by killivolt, May 8, 2015.

1. killivolt

Thread Starter Active Member

Jan 10, 2010
  2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Very interesting - I hope it pans out. I know several family members with lifelong asthma.

3. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    I am one of those; I take Dulara because Steroids don't work on me. Dulara, will last me around 10 to 24 hrs. I don't have much choice on some days when the air is thick with pollution or if someone burns wood or coal.

It's more like Chronic Bronchitis or COPD; but the Doctor said it's still just Asthma.

My Asthma took a turn for the worse when I began assembling circuit boards 15 years ago and they didn't vent the Solder Machine. It came back into the main area of the assembly and thats when I found out I was allergic to Flux; apparently it began as allergy to pine and flux is derived from pine sap. Flux smoke exacerbated my asthma.

kv

4. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    I have a Secretary at work that shares info with me on the Latest Treatments for Asthma. It's possible I could be a Candidate for this treatment.

Things seem to be discovered weekly; I'm hoping for a cure. I have work related asthma as well as Exacerbation's by polluted air and smoke. It would be nice to not treat or go longer without using my Medications.

http://www.good4utah.com/gtu/story/...asthma-treatment/22685/A_M7bg2A60mfv2mmTDLDpg

kv

5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Not long after I wrote post #2, my sister's grandson - age 7 - died of an asthma attack triggered by peanuts in Moose Tracks ice cream. Neither he nor his grandpa knew that flavor contained peanuts, and inexplicably, neither thought to ask. A fun day bike-riding with Grandpa turns into tragedy.

6. killivolt

Jan 10, 2010
    I'm sorry to hear that; I wouldn't wish that on anyone not even an enemy. It's so difficult to hear. Tragic.

I'm very lucky to not have that; however my Granddaughter does. We are hoping she will grow out of it. Her Mom is very careful but; sometimes they do mix things into foods unaware of how dangerous it can be for someone with extreme allergic reactions.

My condolence to you and yours.

kv

wayneh likes this.
  7. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Allergies sometimes fade, but it's rare to grow out of asthma, I'm sorry to say. It's easier for an adult to manage, but it rarely goes away. Unless that new treatment really pans out.

killivolt likes this.