A little introduction.

Will.

Joined Aug 3, 2012
Hey, my name is Will. I am a 14 year old with a interest for technology, and I'm planning on building a hexapod sometime soon.

I'm pretty good with programming and computers, but I just recently got into circuitry and making my own projects. I plan to make my hexapod from scratch, without all of those kits that limit the builder(s) creativity.

I've looked around the forum, and so far it seems to be a pretty nice community.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome aboard Will, we definitely like beginners here. You will find all types, from folks like yourself to crusty old engineers (you'll figure out who they are for yourself).

As a new member, some options are restricted and will require 10 posts from you to go away, such as editing old posts.

You will note older member have their location posted in the upper right hand corner. This aids us in helping, as different parts of the world have access to different parts. You can update this in your profile.

AAC will allow local attachments, hosts its own albums, and will even allow you to set up your own blogs. If you need to post a schematic (and if asking an electronics question please do) please use the local resources of AAC instead of photobucket or related sites.

Schematics and pictures are worth a thousand words. It is worth learning how to post drawing or images here when asking a question.

Please take the time to read our Terms of Service, if you haven't yet.

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
Hi Will, welcome. To save you spending too much time guessing I'm one of the crusty old engineers and retired(some say retarded) to boot. This is a good place to learn and get help and to help others when you can answer a question. Look forward to future posts.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Hi will. I'm an old fart without an engineering degree. I handle some of the more practical applications because of being a technician (troubleshooter) for 40 years.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Good to hear you like the site.
If you have any questions, start asking.
We will be happy to answer the questions.

There is also the eBook, see the tabs on the top of the page.
The eBook can be downloaded using the PDF sign at the right top on the index page of a volume.
Did you also look at the useful websites thread:
Useful websites for electronics (Ver. 2)
Or the RF related links thread:
RF related links

Bertus

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hey Will, welcome to AAC!

I'm Der Strom, some call me Matt. Both are nicknames, in a sense.

I can't honestly claim to be one of the crusty old engineers. I've been working with electronics for 15-20 years, and before that it was just a hobby. I generally find myself learning more from the forums than teaching, so I guess you can still consider me a newbie ;)

We're always glad to have new members here. It's especially nice to see folks from the younger generation. It's good to see you starting early! There are a few other members here in your age group (roughly), and I'm sure you'll find who they are and will get along nicely.

Welcome aboard!

Will.

Joined Aug 3, 2012
Thanks for the welcoming everyone. Its pretty cool that their are other people in my age group interested in technology, don't see many people like me in school..