a little help plz

Taka

Joined May 5, 2009
hi, ive used the wrong charger in my Boss micro BR, its a small recording studio which i love so ive come here in the hope that someone can help,
the boss micro still works with batteries but it go's through them realy quick.
im hoping someone can give me an idea of what i need to do to fix it, i can take a photo of the board if needed.
thanks

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
If the problem is not with the device itself then the batteries were destroyed because they weren't charged properly (wrong charger as you said). Replace them and use the correct charger.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
More information is always good. Start with make and model, and some pictures of the unit. Right now we don't even know what kind of batteries you are talking about.

Taka

Joined May 5, 2009
thanks for the reply's
yes looking over my OP i havent made myself very clear sry.
it wasnt actualy a charger it was the power supply and i think i had the right voltage but instead of DC ive used AC, i remember a burning smell when i put the power connector in,
like ive said the unit still works with batteries but not with the correct power supply, ive taken it appart but seeing how small everything is i doubt theres much that can be done for it especialy by me.
the unit is a Boss Micro BR and ive highlighted the pics were there is a slight scorching :(
thanks
burn.jpg
burn-2.jpg

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
I think the burned component is a voltage regulator and when you put AC, the voltage on its input went negative and destroyed it.

AdrianN

Joined Apr 27, 2009
It seems to me the charger circuit got burned and now provides an extra current path for batteries, discharging them.

I don't think you will be able to repair the charging part of the unit, unless you can identify the burned parts and try to replace them one by one. What I would do is to just remove (carefully) the obviously burned parts. It seems you identified them in your red square on the first picture. That way they will not provide an extra current path for your battery, so that your battery will last longer. If this works, you can always charge the batteries separately and replace them as needed.

I have to caution you that this might not work. For example, a diode that now is a low value resistor, and discharges the battery, might not show as a burned part. However, I think it is worth a try. Good luck!

Taka

Joined May 5, 2009
ok thanks for the help guys, i cant see myself replcing the burnt parts as i just dont have them skills, like i said the Boss still works with batteries so i guess ill have to make do with that.
thanks for the help again.