A great and cheap book on PIC 12F or 16F for PICKit 1?

ajm113

Joined Feb 19, 2011
Hello I'm looking for a good book that may refer to PIC kit 1 and use step by step examples on using assembly code. Now I know the tutorials on the web must be nice (where ever they are), but I haven't had time to search a hour or two to find a good source of information since I've moved to NJ with trying to find a job, cleaning and going out of the house and my girl friend really wants to get me a book as a gift and I kinda want to find a good and useful cheap book I can hint at her to get for me.

I was wondering if any of you know a book that any of you started out with or perhaps really liked reading through that used the PIC Kit 1? (I know I'm really cheap when it comes to getting a programmer. ;) )

Thanks, Ajm

Last edited:

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Wow, a Pickit 1? I still have mine, it was great for it's time, I made a cable interface to use it to program other PIC breadboards I'd built.

Of course all that became moot once the Pickit 2 came out.

It took me about 8 seconds to type "pickit 1" into yahoo and come up with Microchip's page for it on the first hit. Maybe you can get your girlfriend to type it in for you, and then when you get some spare time you can read the results.

You're not going to get a book better then the lessons for free on that page.

Then you can hint for your girlfriend to buy you the Pickit 2 or 3 Debug Express package.