A few simple questions.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
However there is no problem simply placing a suitably rated rectifier diode in series with the LED lamps. By suitably rated I mean one that can handle the current. This will simply block the reverse half cycles and protect the LEDs. On the forward half cycles it will pass current and if a low drop type is chosen will not lose to much voltage.
That makes LEDs flicker at 50Hz or 60Hz. It is best to connect two LEDs back-to-back then connect those in series and in series with a current-limiting device. Then the LEDs protect each other and the flicker is at double the frequency which is not as irritating.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
To start off I am working on this dirtbike. It's all AC power there's no battery. I'm looking to hook a LED tailight up to it.
I sincerely hope so. Some of the original electrical info is a bit suspect, but I suspect Dustiin is correct about the bike.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
64 post for motor bike led tail light,could some one do
a drawing of the voltage,flicker and all the other comments
put together in a drawing. I see people wearing battery
operated leds with different color attached to clothes.
They are very bright and last along time on batteries.

dustiin

Joined Jan 13, 2010
Well, I believe I have it now. Since I'm going to have to get a regulator, rectifier then connected to a battery to run the LEDs should be a very smooth DC signal. Thanks for everything guys.