a/d/s PH15 amplifier repair

rebelgrunwald

Joined Jul 31, 2008
I have a PH16 amp that keeps kicking out and coming back on. I don't know a lot about repairs and had the amp looked at once before. The person did not find anything wrong but if you hit the amp, it sometimes starts playing. So I don't know if its kicking out because of an overload or if something is just loose. Any help would be appreciated.

Silverknight

Joined Jul 23, 2008
It kinda sounds like either a loose connection or maybe a relay going bad. (since when you hit it, it starts working again.) Without actually seeing the wiring and the circuitry I wouldn't be able to help much more than that. But usually 9 times out of 10, when I've seen this kind of problem before it's either one of the cables that was leading into amp breaking down or it had been hit and the input on the amp itself had been damaged and it could just need a replacement input.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
In addition to the above, check for loose screws and "cold" or cracked solder joints.

There's lots of vibration in automotive environments. Things vibrate loose. Wires that get flexed a lot will break from metal fatigue.